Facebook starts University Roadshow across Nigeria
Facebook on Thursday announced a university-wide roadshow as part of its ongoing commitment and investment in growing the tech ecosystem, and driving innovation across Nigeria.
This happened at the new NG_Hub space in Lagos. The new FB Start Accelerator programme will be focused on research and mentorship. The idea is to educate and attract students to build solutions that utilise advanced technologies to solve problems and build solutions for the future using Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Internet of Things, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) – the university tour will look to demystify myths surrounding “deep-tech” and promote the benefits.
The following dates have been announced;
- Oyo state, University of Ibadan, June 11
- Oyo state, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, June 12
- Osun state, Obafemi Awolowo University, June 13
- Ondo state, Federal University of Technology, Akure, June 14
- Akwa Ibom state, University of Uyo, June 19
- Plateau state, University of Jos, June 21
- Kaduna state, Colab, Kaduna, June 25
- Abuja, University of Abuja, June 26
- Kano state, Bayero University, June 27
For more information please visit: https://cchubnigeria.com/fbstart/map.html
Find out more about Facebook’s work in Africa and the NG_Hub space in Lagos, follow the Facebook Africa page – https://www.facebook.com/FacebookAfrica/